Ok so wow I am not good at finding time to write on this thing! Which is horrible because I want to try and remember as much as the little things as possible for years to come! So first off Paris... I went there the last weekend of September. We left Friday morning and got to our hotel at like 4:30pm and then we had only like an hour before we were rushed to the metro to go see the eiffel tower. However, our tour guide put us on the wrong train initially so we ended up waiting around for quite some time but oh well we eventually made it! It was cool because we got to see the eiffel tower when the sun was still out and at night (when it lights up and sparkles!) So, we went to the top of the Eiffel tower and got to see Paris with some sun and at night and it was pretty fricken cool haha to be quite honest though I thought that the eiffel tower would be even bigger or something haha it was cool and all but ya know...So after that we rushed to take a boat cruise thing for 45min on the Seine and that was really cool minus the fact that it was colddd! lol I tried to take some pictures but we were moving too quickly and the night option on my camera is not good so yeah... we then went back to the hotel and passed out! it was such a long day of travelling and we had to be up at like 8am the next day..
but Tricia and I did not get up hahaha I snoozed my alarm on accident and we were woken up by Jamie calling us and saying they would wait like a minute for us but there was no way that was going to happen. So our tourguide person, Stuart, left our tickets to the Louvre and some directions. The only thing we missed was the 1 hour bus tour (but it is funny, a lot of people missed it actually because they did not re-set their phones for the 1 hour time difference between Paris and London, so I didn't feel that bad!) Tricia and I were amazing and figured out the metro very well! We got to the Louvre and were in there for 4 hours!! omg it was cool but sooo exhausting!!! Not to mention the fact that the place is so big (it is impossible to see everything) that we could not find an exit haha but we saw all the cool things: the Mona Lisa, winged victory and a bunch of other famous statues =) I took way too many pictures in there haha
after that we walked outside (oh and btw it was in the 70's at least and super sunny the whole weekend!) and walked through the gardens of the Louvre to the Champs-Elysees to the Arc d'Triomphe, a really long walk which was so not good for Tricia's foot! (she broke a toe, tore some ligaments and sprained it!) but it was cool to see all the shops =D and the traffic, as I would have thought, was absolutely insane because they have all those circle roads with no stop lights which is just bizarre. Thankfully there was a metro stop right next to the Arc d'Triomphe so we jumped on that and decided to go to Notre Dame which was absolutely gorgeous...it is right next to the Seine and the gothic architecture and everything was just unbelievable (I think this was my favorite place). We walked around that, we didn't want to pay to go inside not to mention we were dead tired...then we walked down the steps to sit by the Seine which was so nice and peaceful (minus the homeless man cutting his toe nails and being really creepy). We just chilled there enjoying the sun - and we saw 2 people who must have just gotten married getting their picture taken on this bridge, aww so romantic! We then finally went back to the hotel (Bercy) and got a hold of Jamie and Courtney...they wanted to go shopping so Tricia and I chilled and got food (pizza and wine is an amazing combination =D). This was all on Saturday....so we decided to go out because we had to attempt to go out once in Paris. By the time we got going and out on the town so to speak it was late-ish (like 11pm?) and we couldn't find the pub that Courtney and Jamie had seen earlier that day (I asked people in french where it was and they pretty much could care less) So we finally a place and got some drinks which were incredibly strong and very effective it getting at least me and Courtney drunk. We met a very sketchy guy who sat at our table...oh and no offense but I swear people in France do not know what deoderant is...it was disgusting! it just reaked of B.O everywhere, so not appealing...So then all of a sudden it was like 1:30...don't know how that happened lol and we could not figure out the bus system to get back even though we took it out so we were trying to get a cab...3 count them...3 cab drivers pulled over, I told them the address in French and they mumbled stuff (I caught them saying 'Americans') and then drove off! so rude! So finally these french guys who could be like 18 got us a cab and we made it back, very veryyy tiring
Sunday: I got up at 9:30ish I think to catch breakfast (they do not know how to do breakfast-all they had was bad coffee, croissants, chocolate croisants and some bland cereal) and the 4 us were planning on going to Versailles, Sacre Couer and this cemetary (where Jim Morrison and Oscar Wilde are buried) however we did not know that to get to Versailles you need to leave wicked early because it involves getting on the metro and taking a train ride and then paying for all that and paying to get into Versailles and the fact that we had to leave our hotel for the Eurostar at 5pm made going to Versailles impossible which sucks because it sounded like the coolest place....So we decided to go back to sleep until noon haha because we were just going to do Sacre Couer and the cemetery. So, we successively got to where SAcre Couer was supposed to be, but the guy at the front desk of the hotel told us we could get off at 2 different stops and both would be right at sacre couer and that was not the case for the one we got off at ummm we walked out and there were sex shops and porn shops everywhere! it was um interesting, and there was a ton of touristy shop stuff....so we walked around for a bit and then found the directions to sacre couer and it was so cool, we turned to walk up this like cobblestone street (narrow st) which was PACKED with tourist shops and these guys like every 5 feet doing that game where they put something under a little bowl and move these 3 bowls around really fast and you have to pick the right one, and they get right up in your face and be like 'play play!!' I feel like we give off this aroma--'Americans right here!!' haha but all of a sudden up ahead there is SAcre Couer...it is all white with dome tops and it is on top of a big-ish hill, with some grass going down the people and people were laying out (bc it was GORGEOUS out) and it was just breath taking!! We hiked up the hill (oh after I took pictures of Jamie, Tricia and Courtney on the Merry-go-round haha) with gimp 1-tricia and gimp 2-courtney (she sprained her ankle) so it was interesting lol so we got up there and took a ton of pictures and then headed back down. I got some chinese good which was actually very good (even though these 3 drunk frenchmen during the middle of the day, started being like 'American! mumbling that I couldn't understand...Obama!' yeah that was fun...
From there we headed to the cemetery...we did not realize how long we were at sacre couer so by the time we entered the cemetery it was 4:15....Jamie wanted to see Oscar Wilde's grave and Courtney wanted to see Jim Morrison's grave (where people leave joints haha). we did not realize how BIG this cemetery was and we didn't want to pay for a map so we winged it...Wilde's grave is in the farthest section away from the entrance and proved to be IMPOSSIBLE to find, I am still confused about this....so we never found either grave but the cemetery was so fricken sweet! oh...hahhaha....courtney when she see's a cat needs to pet it and call it 'muffin' lol so she stopped outside the crematorium and pet this cat and we kept walking thinking she would catch up but she didn't...so we had like 20min maybe to 5 and we had to be back at the hotel at 5 to leave...so we ran back to where courtney last was and along the way Jamie is saying 'seiously why does she have to pet every fucking cat that she see's OMG!' it was absolutely hilarious...and there courtney was right where we left her...'I just kept thinking they would come back for me right?' lol we try to get a taxi for like a second and realize that is impossible so we get on the metro which involves a lot of stops and we had to switch trains...but basically we ran and got to the hotel at like 5:05 which was very impressive. We got on the eurostar and got a bottle of champagne and toasted to returning to London because in all honesty I did not like Paris...it was dirty, really smelly, not pretty (they are obsessed with modern architecture), the only pretty parts were where the tourist stuff was which I did like somewhat, oh and the men were disgusting!!! they would not hide the fact that they were trying to look down your shirt or up your dress and they would make gross actions with their tongue and just ughh!!!
So Paris was pretty good but it was a one shot thing for me!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment