So hello everyone...it is has been crazy busy here which is why I have been very bad about writing on my blog which sucks because I want to document as much as I can while over here! I don't even know where to begin lol well I absolutely love it here, the environment is amazing and the area that we live in is so nice. It sucks a little because we do live in a very wealthy area meaning a lot of things around here are a little too expensive for my taste like restaurants and stuff but it is all good!
I love going out to the pubs and clubs here they are so sweet and fun! A majority of the time we go out to Leicster square which we take a bus from Gloucster rd and it is only like a 10 minute bus ride but the bus drivers here are crazy!! They get within like an inch of other cars and slam on their brakes every 5 seconds so it is definitely an experience! Last night especially we went out with these 2 people we met over here, Miguel and Paskalina and they are such fun people! They definitely know how to have a good time and they are hilarious! We usually start off at the Walkabout which is very close to Soho (which is literally gay central so it is very fun :-P) the walkabout is a australian/south african themed pub chain and the music there is not the best you can say lol but you do meet plenty of HOTT australians and south africans =) and they have snakebites there!! omg they are so good and pretty cheap but they hit you like a brick wall after a few...it has 2 different types of beer in it and then black lacour (don't know how to spell) but either way it is good... but yeah so last night we started off at montague pike and then went to the walkabout. Montague pike is so big and it was packed last night but it is funny whenever I have gone out here I see some guy or girl having their bachelor/bachelorette parties haha which involves some interesting outfits like one guy had on boxers over his jeans and under the boxers poking out was a strap on :-o and then a lot of girls are just decked out in wedding gear or lingerie so either way interesting...but we had some drinks at both places and then it was closing (because pubs close early here even though it was 2am when we left there lol) so we were trying to go anywhere and we ended up going to pub/club Oxygen and it was soooooo fun there!!! practically every song they played I knew and was dancing out too and we just had a good group of people =) but it was rly hot in there from all the dancing. So after that we took the bus back to Kensington and went to Opal which stays open until like 5am and we were there from like 40 minutes and me and my friend Courtney had had enough you could say and we went back to Atlantic.
Yeah I feel like I have made a good group of friends here =) Tricia (roomie and she is actually a good roomie!), Jamie and Courtney (who are also roommates, coincident? haha) and then when we can meet up with Paskalina and Miguel it is even more of a good time! lol and then also I have met some really nice people through my classes =) Ashleigh is like the biggest sweetheart, Elizabeth who is really nice, Zeny=hilarious, and Kendall. I feel like I have met so many good people here that it is going to suck when we all go back because we literally are from alllll over lol
Oh and yesterday I was actually a tourist and went to Charing Cross to these museums which were so sweet but unfortunately you cannot take pictures inside but I saw a Twiggy and Bob Dylan exhibit of photographs of them at the National Portrait Gallery and then we went to the National Art Museum where we (as in me, tricia and courtney) saw famousssss paintings done by Monet, Picasso, Van Gough, Renoir and so many more they were so overwhelming like Idk how people can actually be that artistic it amazes me.
I am trying to think of other fun things....hmmm well I did buy my plane tickets to Ireland and Germany!!!!! soooooooooo excited!! and because it is so cheap I am hoping to buy a plane ticket to Amsterdam as well (or train) but I am so busy every weekend for a while...next weekend we are going to Paris, yeah no biggy! lol and then the 1st weekend of october is scotland, the 3rd weekend of october is wales, the 4th weekend I am off to Germany for a week, the 1st weekend of november is bath/stonhenge and Cambridge and the 2nd weekend of november is Ireland and just so busy! lol and I also want to see York, Brighton, Liverpool, Oxford and all those cities here in England so the time here is going to fly by and like there is school in there too haha
Yeah school here I feel like for the most part is going to be rather easy....each class (which I am now taking 5 classes...4 on Mon/wed and 1 on Tues/thurs) has like 1 big paper, a midterm and a final and that is it! But for my history of london class i get to take field trips every wednesday which is so nice to get to see london that way so far we went to the original london square mile where ofcourse london started there then expanded and we went to westminster this past wednesday and then i am not quite sure where we go this week but I am sure it will be amazing! lol but I mean I have a lot of reading to do right now but it mostly for Human Sexuality which is interesting and my text book is very graphic to say the least, but that class is taught by an american professor so she bases her teaching on the american system ofcourse.
ok my hands are very tired haha and tricia and i are hungary but I will hopefully be on later to get into more specifics about being here because I want to be able to remember everything in the years to come!! but basically right now London=AMAZING! haha I never thought I would love it here this much!!!! =)
love you all <3
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment